Aurora of Clouds
I just had a good chat with God. For as far back as I can remember I've been yearning for the truest kind of friend imaginable. The kind who understands you, enjoys your presence, wants to talk with you, wants to listen to you, offer advice, someone you can trust. A fairy tale, I know. In my head I know God can be all that and more, but somehow I could not get my mind around it. Why would God want to spend time with me? Why would he want to be with me and know me that intimatly? Aren't there better uses of His time?
I was kind of venting-slash-being-brutally-honest with God about how I feel about the whole friend thing. I think He knows what I'm talking about with the real-physical friend thing I desire. (Of course, I desire Him, too, but somehow it's different). But He was talking to me tonight. He told me about how he created things just for me. Tonight he wisped the clouds and dazzled them in the moonlight in just the right way that made me stand in awe at Hid beauty. And he made it for me. Just because He loves me. Talk about Gifts as a love language. Suddenly He felt a whole lot more personal, and I think I saw Him in a way that was a whole lot more like who he really is.
I was kind of venting-slash-being-brutally-honest with God about how I feel about the whole friend thing. I think He knows what I'm talking about with the real-physical friend thing I desire. (Of course, I desire Him, too, but somehow it's different). But He was talking to me tonight. He told me about how he created things just for me. Tonight he wisped the clouds and dazzled them in the moonlight in just the right way that made me stand in awe at Hid beauty. And he made it for me. Just because He loves me. Talk about Gifts as a love language. Suddenly He felt a whole lot more personal, and I think I saw Him in a way that was a whole lot more like who he really is.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home